Violation of anything listed below can result in termination of affiliate account and forfeiture of commission.
Creatives: Custom creative materials should be reviewed by competent legal counsel and affiliate assumes all responsibility for custom creative materials used.
Incent: No incentiving which includes but is not limited to cash or virtual currency, prizes or rewards, get paid to, micro worker, content unlocking, or any incent method.
Sites: No Craigslist, classified, job or employment, house or rental, message forum, or any similar website.
Mailers: Do not use Envyus tracking links directly in message body -- mask with your own domains/redirects. If you use your own From, Subject, Text or HTML Creative (without approval) it can result in non-payment or greater consequences if they are not CAN-SPAM compliant.
Trademark Infringement: No targeting keywords, phrases, URLs, pops, targets, that consist of brand name(s).
Invalids: Conversions deemed invalid will be charged back to affiliate. Invalids include but are not limited to duplicates, erroneous or fictitious information, and data posted via script or manually entered.
Allowed distribution channels:
· Contextual – Yes, but be sure to follow FTC Guidelines
· Display - Yes
· Email – Yes, but the emails should not state they are coming from Sittercity and you must comply to all CAN SPAM rules. If the content is only promoting Sittercity the email must have written approval prior to sending. We do not allow any email marketing sending as Sittercity so we will not be providing the From Email, Suppression list or unsubscribe/opt-out links.
· PPC – Generic search only (please see PPC rules in Special Terms)
· PPV – No
· SEO – If you want to create a web page that is branded as a Sittercity web page, no. If you want to create a web page that is in the babysitter vertical, you can, but without Sittercity mentioned in the domain, meta data, headers, etc.
· Social Media – Only for generic ads, no Sittercity branded ads and FTC Guidelines must be followed.
· Incent – Generally, no, but ideas will be taken. MUST be pre-aproved.
Prohibited Website Domain Keywords
Use of Sittercity's trademarked terms, including misspellings, as part of the domain or sub-domain of your site is strictly prohibited. Use of Sittercity's trademarked terms is also not allowed in any print advertisements without Sittercity's prior written consent.
Prohibited Website URL Keywords
You may not use keywords as part of their domain that could be viewed as defaming of Sittercity or any of Sittercity's associated brands. Any publisher that is found to be advertising Sittercity with a domain name that includes keywords that are abusive, violent, bigoted, hate-oriented, or in general poor taste will be removed from Sittercity's program immediately.
Prohibited Website Content
Any publisher that is found to be promoting Sittercity on a website that meets Sittercity's definition of an "Unacceptable Websites" (see below) will be removed from the program immediately.
Unacceptable Website that will not be accepted into the affiliate program include, but are not limited to, sites that:
1. contain content that is not appropriate or is unrelated to the Sittercity audience;
2. are primarily a link or banner farm that contains little to no content;
3. promote sexually explicit materials, discrimination, illegal activities, violence, or anything similar; or
4. do not maintain a reasonable standard of performance and quality
As a publisher in the Sittercity program, you also agree that you will:
1. not post or serve any advertisements or promotional content around or in conjunction with the display of the Sittercity site (e.g., through any “framing” technique or technology or pop-up windows), or assist, authorize, or encourage any third party to take any such action;
2. not attempt to intercept or re-direct (including, without limitation, via user-installed software or browser applications) traffic from or on, or divert referral fees from, any website that participates in the program;
3. not initiate orders on anything other than an affirmative consumer action in the form of a click including invisible methods like forced clicks, re-directs, pop-ups, pop-unders, or client-side downloadable software;
4. not use any advertising materials in a manner intended to send sales to any site other than the Sittercity website;
5. within 48 hours delete any advertising material that we notify you is no longer available for your use;
6. not make any orders, or engage in other transactions of any kind on Sittercity's site on behalf of any third party, or authorize, assist, or encourage any other person or entity to do so;
7. not take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to Sittercity's relationship with you;
8. not attempt to circumvent the referral fee schedule or artificially increase your referral fees (e.g., by intentionally featuring, purchasing or requesting or encouraging any third party to register user accounts on Sittercity's site for the purpose of exceeding any referral fee threshold); and
9. comply with FTC regulations by ensuring that you include a disclosure statement on any page of your website that includes an endorsement or review of Sittercity. Your disclosure statement should clearly state that you are being compensated for your review or endorsement. Furthermore, you must also ensure that all reviews or endorsements posted on your Web site are authentic and have not been falsified.
10. not publish offers on coupons or loyalty websites.
Use of Logos and Trademarks in Websites
As an approved publisher, you will have access to and may only use logos provided to you through the Envyus Media affiliate network. Logos may be resized if necessary, so long as they keep proper proportions. Logo colors may not be altered. When referencing Sittercity's brand, please abide by Sittercity's style guide, which is as follows: Capital “S” in Sitter, no spaces and lower case “c” in city.com: Sittercity.com.
Additional Promotional Methods Incentivized Traffic
Publishers offer visitors compensations (cashback, membership points, miles, access to content or software) for purchase or advertiser offer completion. Running incentivized campaigns under this program agreement is not allowed. This includes any campaign where the user receives an incentive, reward, cashback, or virtual currency in return for purchasing a membership through Sittercity.
Publishers use email marketing to drive links to Sittercity's website. Allowed - You may use the Sittercity logo and promotional copy when sending an e-mail campaign to users that have opted in to your mailing list only. You may not promote Sittercity by use of a tracking link in any other mailing list other than one owned by you and must not imply that any e-mail campaign is being sent by or sponsored by Sittercity without prior written consent from Sittercity. You may not distribute advertising materials using distribution methods that are illegal or prohibited under the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187).
Publishers are not allowed to use or develop a browser extension for consumers that displays alerts via toolbar or popups, and may (depending on the distribution model) provide a link for the consumer to click, or redirects the browser through affiliate links when visiting a site where affiliate offers are available.
Publishers operate a network of independent websites owned by third parties that operate collectively as an individual publisher. Allowed - Publishers that use sub-affiliates to drive traffic to Sittercity must provide full transparency in regards to which of their sub-affiliates is sending traffic and where the traffic is coming from. Sub-networks must also ensure that all sub-affiliates abide by Sittercity's program terms and provide brand-safe advertising methods. Coupon and any incentive marketing type publishers are not allowed as sub-affiliates without review and written approval.
Allowed - You may promote Sittercity on your personal page or a business page/group that you manage by way of tracking link via social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. so long as the content complies with Sittercity's program terms. You may not promote Sittercity on any other social media website, or forum, that is not owned or managed by you. Paid campaigns through social media that promote Sittercity are not allowed.
Coupons and Promotional Codes
Publishers may only use coupons and promotional codes that are provided exclusively through the affiliate program.
Products or services that will not qualify for publisher commissions (gift cards, gift wrapping) You will receive a commission for any new paying parent membership. Commissions are NOT paid on parent free trial sign-ups, pre-existing parent memberships or any sitter/caregiver registration.
Paid Search Terms
Protected SEM Bidding Keywords
Without prior written authorization, publishers MAY NOT participate in any type of paid search marketing campaigns that include Sittercity's trademarked terms. Sittercity trademarked terms include: sittercity, sittercity.com, sitter city, sitter city.com, babysittercity, city sitter, citysitter, citysitter.com, sister city, sistercity, sistercity.com, sitcity, siter city, sitercity, sitter cities, sitter cty, sittercities, sittercities.com, sittercty, sittter city, sitttercity and any other variation or misspelling of the Sittercity brand.
Negative Matching for Protected Keywords
Negative matching for protected keywords is required.
Non-compete SEM Bidding Keywords
Keyword bid may not exceed the maximum dollar bid of Sittercity's bid for the following keywords: babysitters, baby sitters, nanny, nannies, sitter, sitters, babysitter, baby sitter, pet sitter, pet sitting, pet sitters, child care, childcare, need babysitter, need babysitters, need baby sitter, need baby sitters, babysitting, babysitting jobs, baby sitting, babysitter wanted, babysitters wanted, baby sitter wanted, nannies, nanny, nanny wanted, sitter wanted, baby sitter in, baby-sitter, baby-sitters, babysitter needed, babysitting service, care for child, child care center, child, care centers, child care centers in, child care in, child care rates, child care service, child day care, child daycare, child transportation, child-care, child-care center, child- care centers, child-care centers in, child-care in, child-care rates, childcare, find a babysitter, find a nanny, find child care, find child-care, find childcare, nanny agency, babysitter agency, nanny service, nanny in (city), babysitter in (city).
Recommended SEM Bidding Keywords
babysitters, baby sitters, nanny, nannies, sitter, sitters, babysitter, baby sitter, pet sitter, pet sitting, pet sitters, child care, childcare, need babysitter, need babysitters, need baby sitter, need baby sitters, babysitting, babysitting jobs, baby sitting, babysitter wanted, babysitters wanted, baby sitter wanted, nannies, nanny, nanny wanted, sitter wanted, baby sitter in, baby- sitter, baby-sitters, babysitter needed, babysitting service, care for child, child care center, child, care centers, child care centers in, child care in, child care rates, child care service, child day care, child daycare, child transportation, child-care, child-care center, child-care centers, child- care centers in, child-care in, child-care rates, childcare, find a babysitter, find a nanny, find child care, find child-care, find childcare, nanny agency, babysitter agency, nanny service, nanny in (city), babysitter in (city).
Prohibited SEM Display URL Content
Publishers may not use Sittercity's trademarked terms, including any variations, misspellings, or in conjunction with another keyword as part of the display URL in a paid marketing campaign.
Prohibited SEM Ad Copy Content
Publishers may not use Sittercity's trademarked terms, including any variations, misspellings, or in conjunction with another keyword as part of the ad copy or title in any paid marketing campaign. Direct linking (Use of Display URL) No
Notwithstanding anything anywhere to the contrary, including this Insertion Order, the Impact Radius Master Campaign Agreement and the Master Subscription & Services Agreement, publishers agree that there shall be no limitation on liability for breach of section 4.1(Representations and Warranties) of the Impact Radius Campaign Agreement.